I can’t believe we’re so close to the PitchAmérica submission window! I’m so excited for this project to lift off the ground, and I can’t wait to get all the wonderful entries in my inbox. Please submit to us, we would love to have you!
That said, let’s move with our calendar for August. This is how the contest is going to work, step-by-step.
- August 2nd: We’ll make another post on how to submit an entry/what we’re looking for. Formatting won’t get you kicked out, but we would appreciate if you took extra care.
- August 5th: We’ll present out judges and slush readers for the contest. Thank you to the wonderful people who volunteered! Their hard work will help me sort out which entries make it into the final round.
- August 9th/10th: The agents for the contest are presented. We have a list of 40 agents who are participating, and I’m excited to have them all here.
- August 16th: SUBMISSION WINDOW IS OPEN! Due to differences in the time zones, we’ll be accepting entries that arrive a while before/later (margin of 6 hours). Please make sure your entry is polished.
- August 17th: SUBMISSION CLOSES. We’ll start reading the entries and discussing them immediately. The total of 35 entries will be featured on the blog. This is subject to change, but ideally they will be 10MG, 10YA, 5NA and 10A.
- August 30th – September 1st: Agents will be visiting the blog and making requests on the entries they love. I’ll be sure to personally e-mail them so everyone visits the feed.
This is the official calendar for the year of 2016. I really hope you’re excited as I am to see this contest lift off the ground!
NOTE: We understand that PitchWars announcement is due on the 25th of August. If you get in and are participating in PitchAmérica, please be sure to reach out to me before the 29th, so we disconsider your entry.